Consultation is an important part of our policy development process.
Our consultation is designed to encourage quality engagement from interested businesses and individuals, balanced with the need to complete policy work within the required timeframe. When consulting on policy development we will:
- post upcoming consultation on our homepage calendar as they are scheduled
- publish consultation documents that clearly describe the issue we’re seeking feedback on
- provide a reasonable amount of time for respondents to provide quality feedback. If you need more time, please contact us
- publish the feedback we receive through consultation, usually via a summary of the key themes, our response and the names of submitters
- undertake further consultation if our initial proposal changes significantly and we need additional feedback
- publish a regulatory impact statement for significant policy decisions