- The best preparation for a stormy period is to make sure you’re already in the right fund for your needs and your long-term plans.
- You can’t predict when world sharemarkets might rise or fall. Making hasty moves risks crystallising losses.
- If your KiwiSaver balance falls, don't panic! It is supposed to move up and down, over the long term it should keep rising as you keep contributing and prices recover.
- Think about your longer term investment plan and when you’re going to need the money – then stick to it!
- It's time in the market that counts, not trying to time the markets.
And a bonus tip, think about getting some help! There are plenty of do-it-yourself guides on our website and the Sorted website or talk to your KiwiSaver provider.