Consultation helps us to make informed and effective policy decisions. It's an important part of our policy development process.
For the latest on policy decisions and matters we are still exploring with legislative tool solutions, see our Regulation Updates section. If you would like to be notified when consultations open for submissions please subscribe to our consultation alerts.
Our consultation is designed to encourage quality engagement from interested businesses and individuals, balanced with the need to complete policy work within the required timeframe.
When consulting on policy development we will:
- post upcoming consultation on our homepage calendar as they are scheduled
- publish consultation documents that clearly describe the issue we’re seeking feedback on
- provide a reasonable amount of time for respondents to provide quality feedback. If you need more time, please contact us
- publish the feedback we receive through consultation, usually via a summary of the key themes, our response and the names of submitters
- undertake further consultation if our initial proposal changes significantly and we need additional feedback
- publish a regulatory impact statement for significant policy decisions.